Saturday, January 15, 2011

Imparting American History By Way of Paul Giamatti...

Among the items I brought with me to Rwandan to entertain myself is the DVD collection of HBO's miniseries "John Adams" starring Paul Giamatti.  Though I've already seen the series, I still find it entertaining to watch.  After doing so yet again, I lent it to a British friend of mine staying in Rwanda, with a gentle reminder to pay close attention to the first few episodes when the colonies prevailed in some little spat against the Mother Country.  I mean, just in case he hadn't heard about the tale...assuming that they gloss over the story in British primary schools.
Paul Giamatti - Awesome.

After he thoroughly enjoyed the series, I lent it to a Rwandan friend of mine who I thought would enjoy the program.  As it turns out, several of his friends and colleagues have also borrowed the series.  It then occurred to me that I was responsible for the proliferation of a great tale of American history as told through the acting of the man as seen here.

But really, he is brilliant, and I am happy that seemingly everyone who is watching it has enjoyed the program.  Perhaps Mr. Giamatti can be the United States' unofficial cultural ambassador to Rwanda.  I'll work on this in the remaining time I have left in Rwanda.

No comments:

Post a Comment