Thursday, March 3, 2011

Counting Down...

It's gotten to be the time in my stay in Rwanda that I'm now counting down:


It's a bit surreal, actually, and planning on going home is starting to be bittersweet, because of the work that I enjoy and the friends here I will miss.  But, I will return home to be reunited with my beloved wife, the friends and family I miss, and within three weeks will be awarded my LL.M. degree.  Really, life is good...

So, with time running out, I've been busy as ever. If you're wondering what I'm doing, here's some of what has filled my inbox lately:
  • Review of the 2011 Draft Rules of Arbitration for the East African Court of Justice (on behalf of the Chief Justice);
  • Research regarding an issue of criminal procedure, and the transferability of rights to proceed where a petitioner dies after filing a motion for revision but before the Court can take action on the motion;
  • Comparative study of case backlogs in courts in Europe and Africa and actions recommended or implemented to reduce case backlogs;
  • Comparative study of the competence of supreme courts and methods of case selection and review (10 jurisdictions)
I've also had the good fortune to work with my former professor (and now colleague?), Jean-Marie Kamatali, on several projects related to his consultancy in Rwanda.  It doesn't hurt that he tends to buy me lunch or dinner too!

More bloggin' to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment